söndag 21 september 2008

My garden rooms

At first you just plant some bulbs and some perennials you don’t know the name of, then, slowly almost sneaking up on you, you start to name certain areas in the garden.

In my garden I have The Front Yard, dull badly planned flower bed with two bleeding hearts (Dicentra spectabilis) taking up most space and they bloom pretty quickly and become very boring. This spring was great with lots of tulips (that the deer didn’t eat for some strange reason, was it because I planted garlic there?) sticking up from a sea of forget me not but then there wasn’t much going on. Must come up with something, perhaps move the bleeding hearts and plant roses instead.

(It was hard to find a picture of the front yard, that how bad it is. I had to reuse a picture, in the spring it’s pretty okay. Spring 2008)

By the two wooden pillars to the balcony there’s honeysuckle and the other pillar there’s a clematis. They are pretty mistreated and have nothing to climb on.

Then in the front yard there’s this The Slope where nothing but weeds wrong, horrible. I want to build a stone wall and then have a low fence on it and then a nice hedge.


(This is what the slope looks like when you’re standing on the road, so beautiful! Summer 2007)

Then there’s The Tea Corner, two climbing roses, ‘Flammentanz’ and a pretty boring flowerbed where I planted a nice lavender edge this year, let’s hope it will be nice next season (garden people say season and not year). Other than that there’s just a peony which I thought I had killed but apparently not, a ‘Sarah Bernhardt’ and some Miscanthus giganteum which is probably the most exciting thing in the Tea Corner.

(Most parts of the garden are pretty in the springtime. 2008)

The Backyard is where the greenhouse is and where the berries grow, raspberries (yellow and red), redcurrant, gooseberries (which no one eats) and a vine with horrible white grapes. It’s a complete mess back there and this nasty weed that I believe is sent from Satan, Snowberry Symphoricarpos albus. Not sure if I’ll ever get rid of all of it. Then there’s this big oak throwing acorns everywhere and you have to pick all of them up by hand because they will grow and then it’s not as easy to get rid of them.

(A funny looking opium poppy the white cross makes me think of the Danish flag. 2008)

Then there’s The Terrace which is made of wood so most pots there, a small patch of grass but it’s just roots and a thin layer of dusty soil, a large oak with a swing-ish rope that my grandpa made back in the day. This fall we planted a rose by the oak so let’s see how that goes. Got lots of lavender babies, they are easy to sow so I’ll plant some by the rose and see if they want to grow.

(A red Pelargonium against the blue house. 2007)

That's my garden rooms, The Front Yard, The Slope, The Tea Corner, The Backyard and The Terrace.

Inga kommentarer: