torsdag 25 september 2008

I love poppies!

It’s very easy to become a collector of plants and I feel I’ll become an insane poppy collector (and maybe a dahlia one too) but I’m okay with that. According to Wikipedia there a 120-odd species of papaver (but according to my "bible" there's only about 50...)and I want them all! Trying to focus on the perennials first. So far…

Alpine Poppy (Papaver alpinum) (Seeds, sow spring 2009)
'Ladybird' (Papaver commutatum) (Annual)
Ice Poppy (Papaver croceum) (Seeds, sow spring 2009)
Oriental Poppy (Papaver orientale)
Corn Poppy (Papaver rhoeas) (Annual)
Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) (Annual)
Spanish Poppy (Papaver rupifragum) (Seeds, sow spring 2009)

Perennial poppies available at Rara Växter: Papaver amurense, Atlas Poppy (Papaver atlanticum), (Papaver lateritium flora plena), Japanese Poppy (Papaver miyabeanum), Hairy Poppy (?)(Papaver pilosum), Papaver spicatum

Annual poppies available at Rara Växter: Tulip Poppy (Papaver glaucum), Long Pricklyhead Poppy (Papaver argemone) and Long-headed Poppy (Papaver dubium) (which I have a huge crush on base on the picture… drool. Have to get that one for next season)

Perennial poppies available at Impecta: Rooted Poppy (Papaver radicatum)

Looks like I have to make a big fat order early next year…

Inga kommentarer: