fredag 21 maj 2010

Rhubarb and Asparagus

When I was shopping today I saw that they had rhubarb and my dad only cooks two things, rhubarb pie and oven made pancake (he is also the king of the barbeque but that does count) so I wanted to get me some pie but the rhubarb was really nasty. If it was my store I would not have that in the store, it looked disgusting and I doubt many people bought it. I have some rhubarb seeds that I bought years ago and forgot to sow them, I will now and see if they grow. If it doesn’t work I will prepare a place for some rhubarb next year.

I don’t eat asparagus but others in the family does. It cost 199kr per kilo… I guess we need to plant some asparagus ASAP. But there’s no room, not really… Maybe I have to be big and sacrifice a flowerbed? It is better to grow food than flowers isn’t it?

2 kommentarer:

xo.sorcha.ox sa...

I was growing rhubarb, and it was doing really well too, then suddenly just withered and died. I dont know what happened! :( It didnt even get the opportunity to ripen. :(
~S. xo

Shelly sa...

I wonder what happened... I've been reading a little and my guess is too little water perhaps. In sweden it doesn't seem to be many problems with them.